Employee of the Month
Robb McCollum is our Employee of the Month for January. Here are a few tidbits about Robb that you may or may not already know:
- What makes you laugh the most? Listening to my boys play together.
- What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? Since I commute by bike, I rarely drive. But I do listen to lectures from The Great Courses when I bike. I’m currently listening to a lecture series on economic prosperity at both the national and individual levels.
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep (and why)? I vaguely remember sleeping the first month or two when my first son was born. So, good luck to Heidi and Mike!
- Does your family have a “motto” – spoken or unspoken? If so, what is the motto? The official motto of the Scottish McCollum clan is “In Ardua Tendit” which could be translated as “We aim to do difficult things.” I try to help my boys have a growth mindset, meaning that we can get better at accomplishing hard things by learning, practicing, and reflecting. Making mistakes is an important part of the learning and improvement process. We can use those experience to do better on our next attempt.
Michelle Alcas is our Employee of the Month for February. Here are a few tidbits about Michelle that you may or may not already know:
- What makes you laugh the most? My goofy husband and my goofier kids.
- What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? I usually listen to Audible but I'd pick Ozzys boneyard and U 92 if I listened to the radio much
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep (and why)? 3 days. I plead the 5th on why.
- What's your favorite family recipe? Lomo Saltado (peruvian)
- Does your family have a “motto” – spoken or unspoken? If so, what is the motto? Family first
- If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce? Free M&M's for everyone.
- What was your first paid job? How old were you? Babysitting 12
- What motivates you to work hard? Helping to provide for my family