Reading Horizons Careers
Great Culture, Great People, Great Purpose
Who is Reading Horizons?
For over 30 years, Reading Horizons has worked to make proven, research-based strategies available to beginning readers, struggling readers, and English Language Learners of all ages through our unique teacher training, instructional materials, and interactive software. Our goal is to help every student learn these strategies from the beginning of their education—but we also believe it is never too late to teach someone to read.
Reading Horizons is a growing education company based in Kaysville, Utah. The company has a focused, fun, and friendly culture that consists of professionals from a variety of fields: curriculum development, software and web development, sales, support, and marketing. Most positions are located at our main office: 1194 W Flint Meadow Dr. Kaysville, UT 84037
Open positions at Reading Horizons include Account Representatives and Software Developers.
Presenter and Trainer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESProvide trainings and presentations of the Reading Horizons method and curriculum to teachers and administrators including, but not limited to, the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with the Reading Horizons Curriculum Director to manage the development of all Reading Horizons Discovery® curriculum, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Review and revise existing content for the Reading Horizons Discovery software, including lesson content and student assessments
- Review and revise existing content for Reading Horizons Discovery direct instruction materials, including Teacher's Manuals and supplementary teacher and student materials
- Write new content for software and direct instruction materials, as needed
- Assist with making curriculum decisions, such as determining how to display student reports, increasing student engagement, and enhancing implementation of blended learning
- Collaborate with Reading Horizons curriculum committees and current Reading Horizons Discovery users to ensure the curriculum is culturally appropriate and is filling students’ and teachers’ needs
If you are an uncommon “winner” with a strong aptitude for persuasion and sales and an ability to prioritize work in an exciting, fast-paced technology company, Reading Horizons may be for you. Honesty, hard work, and team play in a fun and enjoyable environment are part of our Reading Horizons culture.
As a Reading Horizons Account Representative you will present and sell our unique and powerful method for teaching reading. You will work with administrators and teachers in assigned geographical areas that are customarily called from our home sales office. You will have excellent marketing, referral, professional, and management support. Travel options and health benefits are available.
This is a full time career opportunity. Internships and flexible hours are also considered for qualified applicants.
As an Account Representative, you will earn commission and bonuses on top of your base salary. Your performance determines how successful you are at Reading Horizons. Individual career growth and income is based on achieving outcomes, not seniority.