Employee of the Month
Layne Latham is our Employee of the Month for January. Here are a few tidbits about Layne that you may or may not already know:
- What makes you laugh the most? TV Shows that specialize in social and cultural satire. I won’t name names, but one such favorite has been on the air since I was a kid and starts with an “S”
- What was your first paid job? I worked at Classic Skating when I was 15.
- What motivates you to work hard? Hearing stories of how our program has changed the lives of students is a big motivator. Seeing the progress of my own daughter has really helped me have empathy for what parents, educators, and students face when they struggle to read or work with others who do. It’s also important for me to be able to provide for my family.
Makenah Lund is our Employee of the Month for February. Here are a few tidbits about Makenah that you may or may not already know:
- What radio stations do you listen to? I don’t listen to the radio often, but I listen to a TON of podcasts in the car. Two of my favorites are Wait Wait, Don’t Tell Me and Freakonomics. Podclassed is in there too ;)
- Does your famiIy have a “motto”? “Most most” is probably our spoken motto. When I was little, I’d avoid going to bed by saying “I love you more” and my parents would say “I love you most” and it would just keep going, so now we all usually say “most most” in place of “I love you”.
- What motivates you to work hard? I just try to keep up with everyone else around me! I like seeing people happy and hate disappointing people.