Reading Horizons Careers
Great Culture, Great People, Great Purpose
Who is Reading Horizons?
For over 30 years, Reading Horizons has worked to make proven, research-based strategies available to beginning readers, struggling readers, and English Language Learners of all ages through our unique teacher training, instructional materials, and interactive software. Our goal is to help every student learn these strategies from the beginning of their education—but we also believe it is never too late to teach someone to read.
Reading Horizons is a growing education company based in Kaysville, Utah. The company has a focused, fun, and friendly culture that consists of professionals from a variety of fields: curriculum development, software and web development, sales, support, and marketing. Most positions are located at our main office: 1194 W Flint Meadow Dr. Kaysville, UT 84037
Open positions at Reading Horizons include QA Tester, Account Representatives, and Customer Success Manager.
Software QA Tester
- Participate/collaborate in specific software planning/review meetings and discussions with Dev and Curriculum teams.
- Develop a very strong understanding of all different aspects of the software and projects
- Using AGILE QA standards, create and execute test plans and cases for GUI and functionality requirements of the web-based/stand-alone software using several different desktop and mobile platforms
- Work with Software Engineers to resolve and deliver project stories
- Create and track software bugs/defects in tracking system (Jira, TestRail, etc.)
- Help document project and feature requirements
- Basic scripting/manipulation to test different functionalities of code and help create content
- Regression testing - Occasionally help with data entry
- Occasionally help with recording/editing audio for the software
- Must be able to sit and work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Motivated and willing to assure the best quality of the software
- Desire to learn new skills
- Some experience testing technology or software for quality assurance
- Some knowledge and skills in using modern user interfaces and operating systems including Windows, MAC, Android, and iOS
- Very organized, creative, detail-oriented, curious, and thorough
- Patience, focus, and ability to jump back and forth testing several different projects and platforms
- Excellent communication, written, and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented - Bonus: Familiar with Agile QA best practices creating test plans, suites, cases, etc.
- Bonus: Any experience with XML, HTML, and/or simple programming - Bonus: Any experience with recording/editing audio
- Work and play with a fun, creative, and focused development team
- Work in the beautiful, brand-new Reading Horizons campus (located in Kaysville, Utah) that includes unlimited snacks and drinks, culture room, reading room, on-site basketball court, and game room with ping pong and foosball.
- Regularly scheduled LAN parties
- Free lunch multiple times a month
- Be a part of our awesome purpose in teaching kids and adults how to read. Participate in educational service and volunteer opportunities.
- After a 3-month evaluation period, benefits include 10 paid holidays, generous PTO, 401k with match, health and dental insurance, health-awareness incentives, and much more.
Interested in making a difference with Reading Horizons?
Please email a copy of your resume to Alisha Thomas for a chance to join our team.
If you are an uncommon “winner” with a strong aptitude for persuasion and sales and an ability to prioritize work in an exciting, fast-paced technology company, Reading Horizons may be for you. Honesty, hard work, and team play in a fun and enjoyable environment are part of our Reading Horizons culture.
As a Reading Horizons Account Representative you will present and sell our unique and powerful method for teaching reading. You will work with administrators and teachers in assigned geographical areas that are customarily called from our home sales office. You will have excellent marketing, referral, professional, and management support. Travel options and health benefits are available.
This is a full time career opportunity. Internships and flexible hours are also considered for qualified applicants.
As an Account Representative, you will earn commission and bonuses on top of your base salary. Your performance determines how successful you are at Reading Horizons. Individual career growth and income is based on achieving outcomes, not seniority.
Interested in making a difference with Reading Horizons?
Please send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Success Manager
Do you want to make a difference? Believe in what you are doing? Make an impact in the world? Come be part of the company that is teaching struggling readers the skills to read English. We need your help to improve literacy in homes, schools, and institutions around the world! We provide an outgoing, fun work environment with a top-notch team of co-workers. If you love connecting with people, proactively finding solutions, and feeling empowered at work then you'll fit right in.
Here is what you will do as a Customer Success Manager:
- Work with new accounts to establish goals and a vision for implementing the program.
- Build relationships with teachers and administrators to encourage usage.
- Find innovative ways to develop, nurture, and prepare customers for advocacy.
- Provide ongoing customer support to ensure retention including implementation support, troubleshooting and technical support, and general software use questions.
- Identify and/or develop upsell opportunities.
- Advocate for customer needs/issues for improved support and product development.
Our ideal candidate fits the following:
- Prior experience in Customer Service, maybe even some sales.
- 1+ year of Customer phone interaction experience.
- Demonstrated experience learning new technologies and solutions.
- Available to work Monday-Friday, full time.
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust to new priorities on-the-fly.
- Confidently owns and resolves any situation.
- Happy and emotionally intelligent.
- Can handle a nerf gun during an office nerf gun war.
Why you'll love working here:
- Fun company culture, and frequent company lunches.
- Competitive pay, $11-13/hr with additional considerations for experience.
- Additional bonuses based on coordination with a sales representative.
- Free Breakfast, Snacks, and Drinks.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Insurance (Medical, Dental)
- Company activities (including a game room and a softball team).
For over 30 years, Reading Horizons has worked to make proven, research-based strategies available to beginning readers, struggling readers, and English Language Learners of all ages. Our goal is to help every student learn these strategies from the beginning of their education - but we also believe it is never too late to teach someone to read.