Reading Horizons Careers
Great Culture, Great People, Great Purpose
Reading Horizons is a growing education company based in Kaysville, Utah. The company has a focused, fun, and friendly culture that consists of professionals from a variety of fields: curriculum development, software and web development, sales, support, and marketing. Most positions are located at our main office: 1194 W Flint Meadow Dr. Kaysville, UT 84037
Who is Reading Horizons?
For over 30 years, Reading Horizons has worked to make proven, research-based strategies available to beginning readers, struggling readers, and English Language Learners of all ages through our unique teacher training, instructional materials, and interactive software. Our goal is to help every student learn these strategies from the beginning of their education—but we also believe it is never too late to teach someone to read.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainability through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Maintain Active Directory systems
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Familiarity with distributed systems including the Twelve-Factor App.
- Proficient use of at least one modern language (e.g., C#, Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies, and hardware).
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation.
- Manage and maintain systems and software.
- Support server software and hardware and related applications and systems.
- Experience using server automation, orchestration and configuration
- 1+ years of industry experience as a Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Dev Ops Engineer or equivalent.
- Ability to work without substantial amount of direct oversight
- Experience managing Active Directory systems
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Due to communication expectations of the position, the incumbent will be required to maintain cellular device. The incumbent will be provided additional compensation to base salary to apply toward the use of their personal cellular device or a cellular device will be provided.
The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for achieving sales quota within a defined territory. The AE will develop and maintain key relationships with administrators of school districts within the territory.
Essential Job Functions: Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet or exceed yearly sales quota
- Manage all aspects of a complex sales cycle from prospecting to close (sales can range from 3-9 months)
- Make up to 75 phone calls per day
- Plan, develop, and conduct on-site events that drive sales results quarterly. Plan, develop, and conduct web demos weekly
- Minimum travel into territory one week per quarter
- Effectively manage a travel budget
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Analyze territory market potential and create plan to maximize sales
- Must be able to accurately forecast sales opportunities monthly
- Attend and participate in sales meeting, seminars, and trade shows
- Develop clear and effective written proposals for prospective and current customers
- Must be aware of competitive landscape
- Must be able to sit for prolonged period of time at a desk while using a computer
Do you want to make a difference? Believe in what you are doing? Make an impact in the world? Come be part of the company that is teaching struggling readers the skills to read English. We need your help to improve literacy in homes, schools, and institutions around the world! We provide an outgoing, fun work environment with a top-notch team of co-workers. If you love connecting with people, proactively finding solutions, and feeling empowered at work then you'll fit right in.
Here is what you will do as a Customer Success Manager:
- Work with new accounts to establish goals and a vision for implementing the program.
- Build relationships with teachers and administrators to encourage usage.
- Find innovative ways to develop, nurture, and prepare customers for advocacy.
- Provide ongoing customer support to ensure retention including implementation support, troubleshooting and technical support, and general software use questions.
- Identify and/or develop upsell opportunities.
- Advocate for customer needs/issues for improved support and product development.
Our ideal candidate fits the following:
- Prior experience in Customer Service, maybe even some sales.
- 1+ year of Customer phone interaction experience.
- Demonstrated experience learning new technologies and solutions.
- Available to work Monday-Friday, full time.
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust to new priorities on-the-fly.
- Confidently owns and resolves any situation.
- Happy and emotionally intelligent.
- Can handle a nerf gun during an office nerf gun war.
Why you'll love working here:
- Fun company culture, and frequent company lunches.
- Competitive pay, $11-13/hr with additional considerations for experience.
- Additional bonuses based on coordination with a sales representative.
- Free Breakfast, Snacks, and Drinks.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Insurance (Medical, Dental)
- Company activities (including a game room and a softball team).
For over 30 years, Reading Horizons has worked to make proven, research-based strategies available to beginning readers, struggling readers, and English Language Learners of all ages. Our goal is to help every student learn these strategies from the beginning of their education - but we also believe it is never too late to teach someone to read.