We are pleased to announce the acceptance of
This decision allows Utah educators to use the Discover Intensive Phonics method in their classrooms as a supplement to any basal programs they already may be using. Our materials “are state recommended and may be purchased by schools and districts with funds designated for state instructional materials.”
Following are some comments from the official report:
“(Discover Intensive Phonics) is sequential,
- 80 percent of the identified Utah Core objectives are covered.
- The objectives covered are clearly stated with measurable outcomes.
- 80 percent of the program content is covered in an appropriate sequence matching the Utah Core.
- The program utilizes 80 percent or more of current research-based practices.
- Teacher materials are well organized with easy-to-read font and good correlation with student materials.
- Technology provided is appropriate, giving additional support for student learning.
- Program provides multiple assessment measures to monitor individual student progress at regular intervals.
Programprovides ways to adapt curriculumfor all students (e.g., special learning needs, learning disabilities, ELL, and advanced learners).