Direct Instruction Materials
Comprehensive Teacher’s Kit
- Teacher’s Manuals (six volumes) include lesson plans and activities designed for use with older students, including clearly marked ELL teaching tips. Additional teacher aids and activities are available on RHAccelerate.com or the Enrichment CD (available upon request).
- Supplementary Materials Manual includes the Teacher Supplement, ELL Supplement, Games Supplement, and additional resources.
- 480 Transfer Cards are used for student practice and reinforcement.
- Seven wall posters (42 Sounds of the Alphabet, Blends, Vowels, Adjacent Vowels, Special Vowel Combinations, Five Phonetic Skills, and Two Decoding Skills) serve as a ready reference to sounds and skills learned.
- One Student Book is included, which provides worksheets and activities that correlate directly with the software and teacher materials to enhance learning (consumable).
- One English Language Enhancement booklet is included to provide additional activities for English Language Learners (consumable).
- Books 1-4 of the Reading Library Books contain passages presented in the Reading Horizons Elevate® Software Reading Library. The passages are leveled and include corresponding comprehension questions. The Reading Library Teacher Edition is also included, providing answer keys, Lexile® measures, and other tools for using reading passages with students.
The Reading Horizons Student Workbook was developed to provide reinforcement activities for students while in class or at home. The Student Workbook activities provide a simple review of the skills taught and allow students to practice marking words, reading passages that contain applicable text, and then applying the skill to see it in context.
English Language Enhancement
This booklet provides additional activities for English Language Learners as they proceed through the Reading Horizons curriculum. It integrates vocabulary strategies, pronunciation practice, and a cultural reference to expand the program’s usefulness for English Language Learners. This item is consumable.
Reading Library Books
The Reading Library books contain the passages that are presented in the Reading Horizons Elevate software library. The passages are leveled from 1st-12th grade and include graphics and comprehension questions. Book 1 includes passages that range from first to fourth grade, Book 2 fifth to sixth, Book 3 seventh to eighth, and Book 4 ninth to twelfth. The Teacher’s Edition contains the answers to each comprehension question and Lexile© scores for each passage.
For Grades K-3
- Product Overview
- Professional Development
- Direct Instruction Materials
- Spelling Supplement
- Interactive Software
- Mobile Applications