READING FOR EVERYONE?
20%OF U.S. STUDENTS
HAVE SYMPTOMS OF DYSLEXIA THAT AFFECT READING DEVELOPMENT
SOURCE: International Dyslexia Association (IDA), 2016.
18%OF U.S. ADULTS
PERFORM AT THE LOWEST LEVEL OF THE LITERACY SCALE
SOURCE: Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC), 2012/2014.
9.4%OF U.S. STUDENTS
ARE ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS AND REQUIRE LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE
SOURCE: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), 2015.
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE?
WILL IT MAKE?
- prevent students from falling behind in school
- reduce frustrationfor students with reading difficulties
- increase awareness of effective teaching strategies
- increase educational and/or employment opportunities for English Language Learners
- reduce bullying towards those with learning disabilities
- increase educational and/or employment opportunities for those living in poverty
- increase the number of individuals who can enjoy a good book