Correlations to Key Standards
Reading Horizons Online Reading Workshop
Does the Reading Workshop Help Teachers Meet Goals and Standards?
The foundational skills and strategies presented in the Reading Horizons Online Reading Workshop not only help instructors meet goals and standards; they help students learn how to read. On average, students who complete Reading Horizons programs show a reading level gain of more than two grades in just a short amount of time. Our research-based method has been proven effective again and again for students of all ages. By attending the Workshop, participants can learn how to create amazing student success stories in their own educational settings.
Correlations to the Reading Horizons Online Reading Workshop
The Workshop has been correlated to standards for the following popular organizations, councils, boards, associations, and consortia:
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)/The National Council of Accreditation in Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards
- International Literacy Association (ILA) Standards
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) Standards
- The Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC) Core Standards
- The National Council of Accreditation in Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards
- International Dyslexia Association (IDA) Standards
- Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC) – Learning Progressions Standards
Other Reading Horizons Correlations:
Correlations to Popular Basal/Core Reading Programs
The Reading Horizons method and products have also been correlated to many of the most popular basal/core reading programs on the market.
Correlations to the Common Core Standards (CCSS)
The Reading Horizons method and products make meeting the Common Core State Standards requirements for foundational reading skills as well as many language and vocabulary requirements a simple and effective process.
Correlations to State Standards
Reading Horizons has been correlated to almost every state’s education standards.