Research-based reading strategies for students of all age levels:
Research-Based Reading Instruction
For Beginning Readers, Struggling Readers, & ESL Students
Reading Horizons products are based on the same principles that researchers have found to be the most effective for teaching beginning readers, struggling readers, and English language learners: Orton Gillingham-based reading instruction that is systematic, explicit, and multi-sensory in nature and provides students with phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension instruction.
Download information about the research supporting Reading Horizons methodology:
Using Reading Horizons products, the average student gains two-to-three grade levels in reading after 50 hours of instruction with the program. Download the research packets below to see the results of different schools and institutions after implementing the program:
Elementary Research Packet
The Elementary Research Packet shows the results an educator can expect when using Reading Horizons with fidelity in elementary settings.
Secondary Research Packet
The Secondary Research Packet shows the results an educator can expect when using Reading Horizons with fidelity in secondary settings.
Adult Research Packet
The Adult Research Packet shows the results an educator can expect when using Reading Horizons with fidelity in adult education settings.
Corrections Research Packet
The Corrections Research Packet shows the results an educator can expect when using Reading Horizons with fidelity in secondary settings.
Elementary Research Studies
Princeton School District (SPED)
Dundee Elementary School (Software)
Secondary Research Studies
Cottonwood High School (ELL)
Granite High School (ELL & SPED)
Roosevelt Middle School (ELL)
Southern Middle School (General Education and SPED)
Copper Hills Facility (ELL & SPED)
Adult Literacy Research Studies
Peel Centre (ELL & SPED)
- Florida Center for Reading Research
- Waubonsee Community College
- National Right to Read Foundation
- Georgia Southern College
- Mary Pride
- Northwest Technology Resource Center
- Seattle P-I
- Reading Horizons Gold Standard Peer-Reviewed Research Articles
Correlations to Industry Research
- How Reading Horizons is a Brain-Based Strategy
- Research Substantiates Reading Horizons Methodology
- How Reading Horizons Works for Students with Dyslexia
- Teaching Adults and Young Adults with Reading Horizons
- The Effectiveness of Reading Horizons as an Intensive Remedial Program
- Reading Horizons in Practical English-Language Teaching